The Career Professionals Development Institute (CPDI) is a training opportunity for Talent & Careers professionals at business schools to acquire state-of-the-art competencies and to stay abreast of the latest trends
The Career Professionals Development Institute (CPDI) is a training opportunity for Talent & Careers professionals at business schools to acquire state-of-the-art competencies and to stay abreast of the latest trends for your talent. Participants will learn how to deploy learning resources and development tools so that students and alumni can improve their chances of attaining their career aspirations and manage their career trajectory. The Institute will help the participants to develop a greater understanding of how to align the hiring needs of corporate partners with the profile of graduate cohorts. It will allow Career Services to provide optimal recruitment solutions for companies and organisations seeking top management talent, with a special focus given to recruiting in a virtual world. Peer-to-peer interactions with colleagues from leading academic institutions around the globe will enable the participants to assess the relevance of innovative ideas in the Talent & Careers space for their professional work.
The Institute targets Talent & Careers executives of business schools. It has been designed to meet the needs of the nearly 900 EFMD Global Network member schools around the globe. If you are affiliated with a non-member school or another university faculty/school, you are encouraged to apply as well.
More events for Career Services Professionals:
Monday, October 19
10:00 – 12:00
Module 1: High-trust leadership – a key driver for motivation and impact
The purpose of this session is to provide participants with new insights and foster reflection helping them to become more effective as leaders.
– Why and how high-trust leadership impacts motivation and performance
– Core characteristics of high-trust leadership
– High-trust leadership as a key competence in the new normalcy
– How to develop more effective high-trust leadership: YOUR plan.
- Carles Brugarolas Manzaneque
Tuesday, October 20
10:00 – 12:00
Module 2: Career Education
Understanding Yourself: Creating Self-Awareness and Tools for a Faster and More Efficient Career Transformation
– Understanding existing and state-of-the art personality and professional skills assessments
– Leveraging Simulations and live assessments through experiential learning
Learning About the Best Matching Careers: Building a Career Curriculum
– How to best inform students about careers in different industries (Tech, Consulting, Finance and more)
– How to implement a coherent coaching and learning curriculum to find the best fit for your students
Landing the Job: Making the Impossible Possible – Innovative Solutions for Preparing Your Students for Any Job Globally
– Global interview as well as assessment centre training (live vs. remote)
– Preparing your talent to succeed in interviews and achieve the best possible job placements for them
– Understanding company hiring strategies and finding job search solutions during/after a pandemic
- Laszlo Avramov
Wednesday, October 21
10:00 – 12:00
Module 3: Recruiter Expectations and Co-Creating Value with Recruiters
What do recruiters expect of your talent? Are you ready to prepare students for success in highly competitive selection processes in this new environment?
The Recruiter Relations module will train you for both online and on campus activities in order to help you to support your recruiters’ hiring needs.
– Developing a Loyal Recruiter Network
– Reach out: How to Create an Effective Communication Strategy
– Promote talent: Partner with Recruiters for their Talent Management Needs
– Promote companies: Assist with Employer Branding
– Connect with Academics: Bring Recruiters to Class
- Marta Sala
Thursday, October 22
10:00 – 12:00
Module 4: EdTech Behind Talent Analytics
The incorporation of highly advanced technologies for talent recruitment is a fundamental change that is taking place in global HR. Do you have the tools and resources in place, as well as the expertise within the department, to support recruiters’ data-driven strategies, especially in a virtual world?
This module will start with an understanding of the functionality of recruiters’ Application Tracking Systems (ATS) and their direct link with the technology that aims to accelerate matching with relevant candidates, such as CV optimization.
Learn how technology ranging from video interviews to gamification are revolutionising today’s candidate experience and understand the impact that this will have on your talent’s placement. Video interviews and game-based assessments are being used across all industries and artificial intelligence is already dismantling traditional selection processes. Ensure that you are savvy and articulate on the latest technology in order to effectively prepare your talent for success
- Amber Wigmore Alvarez
Friday, October 23
10:00 – 12:00
Module 5: Career Advising
What is our value proposition as professionals and how does this connect with providing excellence in career advising for students?
This interactive session will support participants to reflect on their own professional experience, particularly of providing careers advice and coaching online
– What is the purpose of careers advice and what are some of the current models we are using?
– How have the experiences acquired working with students since the global pandemic shaped our practice as careers professionals? What’s changed, what has stayed the same, and what’s worked?
– Coaching and careers advising to build resilience and adaptability
– Case study exercises: careers advising as a focus for student engagement and progression
– How do ideas concerning the future of work impact on careers advising?
– What are the professional skills needed to ensure career advice remains relevant for our students?
- Rachel Power
- EFMD Member: 350 EUR
- Regular Non-member: 450 EUR
* Institutions participating in EFMD Virtual Career Fairs are eligible for 100 EUR discount
Amber Wigmore Alvarez
Chief Innovation Officer, Highered EFMD Shared Career Services
Carles Brugarolas Manzaneque
Head of the Strategy, Leadership & People, EADA Business School, ES
Co-Founder and CEO of www.ilovetobe.net, GB
Human Resources Business Partner at Angelini Pharma Spain
Careers Consultant, LSE Careers (Finance Lead), London School of Economics, UK
19 (Monday) 10:00 - 23 (Friday) 12:00 CEST