Executive Academy - Americas stream
The Executive Academy is a state-of-the-art leadership development programme designed to address the needs of leadership roles in business schools. It adopts a holistic approach, starting with a solid foundation of Leading
The Executive Academy is a state-of-the-art leadership development programme designed to address the needs of leadership roles in business schools.
It adopts a holistic approach, starting with a solid foundation of Leading oneself. In the first module participants explore their own leadership style, strengths and skills to develop. Leading others and Leading programmes/institutions are modules that focus on leadership in the context of higher education institutions and teams, and it the context of current management education as a whole. The goal of the programme is to equip participants with tools leading to deeper understanding and awareness of their skills, qualities and purpose and to align these with their role in their institutions and their teams, and to thrive as a leader in the innovative, digital age business school environment.
The Executive Academy journey is divided into three phases:
- A preparatory phase, which includes self-study and a comprehensive 360° feedback exercise.
- A face-to-face week in the selected region, with the maximum of 20 participants admitted to each stream.
- A project phase at the participants’ home institutions with support and feedback provided by peers and personal coaches.
- Advance through a self-discovery process to better understand their strengths and limitations, which will contribute to the bridging of self-knowledge and self-leadership.
- Learn how to drive a strategy-driven programme design and review process, how to manage different performance layers and how to interlink stakeholder expectations and satisfaction.
- Understand and implement disruptive strategies in business education and map performance metrics to actions and milestones.
Programme Directors, Associate/Assistant Deans of Teaching & Learning, and Senior Program Managers with a complete overview of (though not necessarily direct responsibility for) the entire academic cycle: admissions, programme design & administration, career services, and alumni management. For each stream intake, the Executive Academy also seeks to accept managers of corporate universities or executives of corporate talent management departments to cross-fertilize group learning. Corporate participants can improve their understanding of and their ability to interact with business schools.
A rigorous and challenging admission process ensures that peer-to-peer interaction in the Executive Academy will be meaningful and ability-enhancing for all participants.
- Please fill in and submit the application form below.
- Your application will be reviewed by the EA Director.
- You will be interviewed during a 30-minute call with the Programme Stream Leader or EA Director.
- Upon completion of the steps above, the EA Director will submit the recommendation for your admission to a Steering Committee which approves each participant’s enrolment.
- Upon admission, we will ask you to register for the event via a link to a registration form that we will send to you via email.
The preparatory phase of the programme will commence on 5 February, 2024.
WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT US:
“It isn’t easy to find a truly valuable development program for people with extensive experience. The EFMD Executive Academy was unique in this sense, providing intelectual stimulation, valuable inspiration and deep reflection and amazing exchange among accomplished professionals who share the same mission and purpose. It was truly transformational and empowering for me and so much fun I need to add!”
Agnes Zur, Cracow School of Business, Poland
“My experience with the Executive Academy was key in my growth as an Academic Director and has left long lasting bonds with my peers for future collaboration among schools and countries. To be a part of EA was the best decision I have taken in a long time.”
Juan José Espinosa de los Monteros, Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
EARLY Bird fee through 1 October 2023
- EFMD member: € 3.500
- EFMD non-member € 4.000
REGULAR fee as of 2 October 2023
- EFMD member: € 4.000
- EFMD non-member: € 4.500
LATE fee as of 8 January 2024
- EFMD member: € 4.500
- EFMD non-member: € 5.000
Special fee for CLADEA members
- € 3.500
The tuition fee excludes travel expenses and local accommodation.
Discounts are available for:
- New members of EFMD
- EDAF institutions
- Institutions cooperating with EFMD through International projects
For more information please contact Anna Jirova.
After being admitted to the programme, you will receive a special registration link to indicate billing details, dietary requirements and your attendance in the social programme.
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing before 15 January 2024. A cancellation fee of €100 + 21% VAT will be charged. After this date, we are unable to refund any fees. However, in such cases, substitutes are welcome at no extra cost as long as we receive notification of the name, title and address of the substitute.
Venue & Contact
The training will take place at:
Babson College campus in Miami
1200 Brickell Ave #300
Miami, FL 33131, USA
Those who register for the Executive Academy are invited to join dinners on Monday, 4 March and Thursday, 7 March 2024.
Participants will also be invited to join a special social programme on Tuesday 5 March and Wednesday 6 March 2024.
Health & safety for in-person attendance
Please refer to the local authorities requirements to enter the country.
1200 Brickell Avenue, Suite 300 Miami, FL 33131
march 4 (monday) 9:00 - march 8 (friday) 13:00