Highly interactive & enhanced Online Teaching Academy brought to you by the EOCCS Learning Community & EFMD GN Professional Development. Delivered by leading experts in
Highly interactive & enhanced Online Teaching Academy
brought to you by the EOCCS Learning Community & EFMD GN Professional Development.
Delivered by leading experts in the field who will help you not just to overcome a crisis but to deliver a high quality online learning.
Online Teaching Academy represents a certified professional development programme that will provide participants with the theoretical and practical tools required to design an effective online or blended learning experience based on sound learning-design principles, best practices and trends.
Participants will understand the value and opportunities of an online environment and learn how to become effective online instructors. This represents a significant opportunity for early-stage online teachers or those interested in orientating themselves in the online learning space who are looking to keep up with the rapidly-evolving market and explore current trends and innovations.
- Faculty and early-career researchers with no or little experience in online learning or teaching interested in finding out more and exploring new techniques and trends.
- Learning design professionals with a basic knowledge of online learning design who are interested in understanding the wider landscape of teaching online at a higher education institution and updating and increasing their level of understanding.
Participants that complete all mandatory parts of the course will be declared EFMD Certified Online Facilitators.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the advantages of online education to support student’s academic and professional development.
- Compare and contrast different models of online and blended learning.
- Identify the key challenges in online and blended learning and discuss strategies for potential solutions as well as identify tools that can be used to face these challenges.
- Reflect on how to use learning analytics to gather insights into learner behaviour.
- Design a blended or an online learning experience based on sound learning-design principles, best practices and trends.
- Create rich and holistic interactive experiences to engage students and enhance learning.
- Apply different methods and tools to support online learners.
- Develop (and maintain) a dynamic online community and support peer-to-peer interactions.
- Design formative and summative assessments, using a range of technology and tools suitable for online learning.
- Design and deliver effective synchronous learning sessions.
Structure of learning journey:
Effort required: equivalent to a five-day face-to-face program spread over 7 weeks (40 hours)
The learning experience is highly flexible and practical throughout concluding with an applied project drawing on the learning across the course. Total duration is 7 weeks with an average dedication of 6 hours per week including self-paced materials, individual assignments, group work and live interactive sessions with faculty.
Start: Monday, 12th October – Induction week
End: Friday, 27th November
In most of the weeks we will have 2 live sessions between 60-90 minutes long. The typical schedule for live sessions will be:
- Induction week: on Thursday, 15th October at 6PM CEST / 5PM UK time
- On Tuesdays at 6PM CET / 5PM UK time
- On Thursdays at 6PM CET / 5PM UK time
1) Participation in online activities and submissions – 30%
2) Online course design – 70%
The detailed syllabus of the programme can be downloaded here.
- Please fill in the online registration form.
- Your registration will be reviewed by the Online Teaching Academy team.
- You will receive a confirmation that your registration has been approved.
- Your learning journey starts.
- EFMD member: EUR 2 500.00
- Non-member: EUR 3 000.00
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing before 30th of September 2020. A cancellation fee of EUR 100.00 will be charged, if made before 30th September. After the given dates, we are unable to refund any fees. However, in such cases, substitutes are welcome at no extra cost as long as we receive notification of the name, title and address of the substitute.
Sarah Grant, Associate Director of Edtech Lab at Imperial College Business School.
Martín Rodríguez, Director of IE Publishing & High Impact Online Programs at IE Business School & IE Exponential Learning. Adjunct Professor of Managing Creative Projects.
Speakers for this event
Director of IE Publishing & High Impact Online Programs at IE Business School & IE Exponential Learning. Adjunct Professor of Managing Creative Projects
Associate Director of Edtech Lab at Imperial College Business School
October 12 (Monday) 18:00 - November 27 (Friday) 17:00 CET